Proud Parents

Yesterday we went to the University where my oldest son attends college.  He is working towards his BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts).  One of his pieces of art (a sculpture of sorts) was selected to be shown in the school's gallery.  What a proud moment it was as a parent.
Our two sons are like night and day, oil and water.....you name anything that are polar opposites, that is them.  However,  they are still able to be friends and appreciate the differences in each other and grasp onto the the similarities (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it). While our oldest son is drawn to the city and what it can offer, and is interested in the arts, our youngest will be forever a country boy.  He longs for the outdoors and physical labor. He enjoys working on vehicles and ANYTHING that is not indoors. The picture below is his first truck that he just HAD to have.  He has been working on restoring it.  (That is his art!)



I was told as a young mother that when raising children you had to work really hard at parenting and then sit back and hope for the best.  There have been a few bumps in the road with each of them, but when all is said and done, I sure am a proud momma.  God has truly blessed Richter and I.  I can honestly say that all the hard work and vigilance have resulted in two fine young men.  Thanks God for holding me up throughout the journey of raising sons!
~~ Love, Momma Richter

Comments

Popular Posts