What Might the Future Hold

 I'm not sure what the future holds for this country and the economy.  What I do know is that I want to be ready for whatever may happen, because the government taking care of me is not an option I want to even consider -- mostly because the government doesn't have the ability to take care of me.  What concerns me is I do not believe that the many generations that have been born since the great depression are in any way prepared for what may come.  The breakdown of the family unit especially is a concern, along with the "nuclear family" that has been the norm since the 1960's.   There was a time when generations of the same family lived in the same household.  Knowledge about life was passed from one generation to the other. At the present time, I believe people are unprepared to handle the difficulties that may lay ahead -- especially how to handle things both spiritually and emotionally.  They have no bedrock, no foundation on which to rely.   Relationships and the well being of children are so easily discarded in society today on the whim of a narcissistic woman who has been told by society that she can have it all and has been convinced that a man and his strengths are burdens.  I really hope SHTF (shit hits the fan) doesn't happen, but if it does, I don't believe that most of society will be able to handle the difficulties that lie ahead.

Below is a quote from a video I watched recently that really brings the point home:
 "We can survive almost anything together, but when the average American family has been divided and conquered, there is very little hope. The generational support system has been ripped from our human experience.  Emotionally tough people can make it through anything because they can move on and adapt, but emotionally weak people break because they have never been challenged and those that have been bred to thrive in a collectivist paradigm to do as they have been told and not ask questions will be left powerless when there is nobody around to tell them what to do."

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQHHG5jIi7U&feature=player_embedded

Comments

Popular Posts