Love, Momma Richter



            While I don’t believe the end of the world will come tomorrow, it does make me wonder what I would do with my time today if it was so.  I know one of the first things I would do would get up at first sun and go to my favorite meadow, because that would bring me peace.  Going down the hill between two stands of trees gives you the feeling of going down the rabbit hole to a different world.  When you reach the bottom of that hill there is a welcoming that I can’t explain, especially if the sun is shining, because you see it is very dark driving or walking down the hill to get to the meadow because it is so heavy with trees that the sunlight barely makes it through.  But once in the meadow you are in a different dimension.  It opens up right before you and the feeling that everything is right with world comes over you.  In the middle of this meadow is a huge stand of trees that forms a circle.  The whole meadow is like a circle within a circle.  The grass there always seems to be full and soft, where you can just snuggle into the roots of a tree and just watch what happens.  This is a place where you definitely know that when you speak to God he really does hear you.

            After spending some time in the meadow I would go home where I hoped would be Richter, my two sons, and a multitude of other family and friends.  I love having a house full of people I love.  What I especially love is the prayer before we eat when we all stand in a full and complete circle, each one holding the other’s hand and thank our dear Heavenly Father for the rich bounty of family, friends and food before us and before HIM.  Sometimes I want to hold on and never let go.  At that one moment I feel complete. 

            Later in the day just sitting around with everyone sharing memories, and laughing and crying over the good and bad ones, but all the same knowing those memories wouldn’t be so precious without the people who were there with you.

            I guess the thought of the world coming to an end does have its blessing, especially at this Christmas time of year.  It kind of puts a different perspective on what really is important, and it isn’t the craziness of the shopping for gifts, or the parties, or spending too much money, or worrying whether you bought the right gift……The right gift is right before your eyes.  It is those comforting places out in the woods, the certain light the Christmas tree gives off in a dark room, the peacefulness of the morning while having that first cup of coffee and it is so quiet you hear the wind blowing outside, the peek of morning sun on the horizon, a day filled with people you love, and when night falls and you look outside and it is moon bright.  Not a bad way to spend a day. 

            Ultimately, what I want to say to everyone is have a blessed Christmas my dear family and friends. ~ Love, Momma Richter

Comments

Popular Posts