ONWARD AND UPWARD!

With the death of my sister being over a year now, and the unexpected loss of our very dear friend shortly thereafter, this past year has been one of adjusting to losses.  I know that death is a part of life, but it is never easy. One always adjusts to life as it has come to be – you make changes, you move on, you adjust – kind of like being a Marine – adapt, overcome and improvise! (Joke intended). The holidays for some are the worst, but for me it has been the everyday – we were my sister’s caregivers every day, not just the holidays. While it was taxing, it just became “normal.”  You did it, you just did what you had to do.  We had our emotional ups and downs – being tired, getting frustrated, getting happy with every good doctor visit, and getting mad when she wanted to give up.  But…as I would tell her every day, and after every hurdle….Kim, we just have to move onward and upward!!!!  Well now, it is time for us to move onward and upward!  We miss you Kim and John! xoxox

This was my sister's favorite hymn -- Beautiful Savior

Love, Momma Richter (and family)
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts