In A Blink Of An Eye

Richter had not been feeling good for a couple of weeks and I had been encouraging him to go to the doctor, but being the stubborn German that he is, that was not going to happen.  Our plan for the day was to go to a neighboring small town to a gun show and probably go looking at junk stores.  I knew he was feeling really crappy, but he acted like we were going to the gun show anyway.  He took his shower and when he came out I could tell something was wrong.  He sat down and got a funny look on his face and said I think I need to go to the hospital.  I can't seem to catch my breath.  He had had pneumonia about 10 years ago and I almost lost him then because he was too stubborn to go to the doctor when he first got sick.  So, when he said he thought he needed to go, I knew we were probably dealing with something pretty serious.  He finished getting dressed and we were out the door.  I guess my point in telling this is to say that you never know when and how fast things can change.  Fortunately, he just has a bad case of bronchitis and the wonderful doctor and the staff at the hospital did a swift and fine job of determining what was going on.  Nevertheless, it was scary.

We all get caught up in the everyday drudgery of everyday living until something stops us in our tracks.  When things turn out to not be as bad as they could be we all breathe a sigh of relief and go on, sometimes without taking time to thank the One in charge of all that is good and holy.  So for me, I want to say how great Thou art!  And thank you!

Love, Momma Richter

Comments

Popular Posts